Saturday, March 04, 2006

Episode One

I thought I would go through the episode in chronological order. However, I will, at least for the first episode, go through the show couple by couple and give my opinion on each.

Lake and Michelle, Married Parents
(Scott and Lacy Peterson)
These two are perfect for each other. The backwards thinking southern belle and her abusive husband. She will probably get slapped around some because I mentioned her name before his. It is very funny that half way through the first episode that he was already deemed as Scott Peterson. These teams are just introducing themselves to each other and he comes across as "wife-killer". Do I hope they get kicked off? Not yet, I am looking for some Domestic Violence first.

Danielle and Dani, Childhood Friends
(The Booby Twins)
Not a whole lot to say about them this week. The have nice boobs. They are from New York. They have annoying accents. I mean, not like Paolo family from last year, but slightly annoying. They did diss the two boys from Florida as being desperate. I hope they hook up with....

Bj and Tyler, Best Friends
(The SanFran PsuedoHippies)
Bj and Tyler are my picks to win the whole thing. They seem athletic, fun-loving, smart, and out of their minds. I told Mandy that they are like cartoon characters. If they win or not, they can sell their likenesses to Cartoon Network.

Ray and Yolanda, Dating
("I am from the Hood")
Ray showed more self control than I probably could have. When the young men from Sao Paulo were making cat calls at Yolanda, Ray composed himself and finished his Detour. Nice. If the young men had been doing the same thing to Michelle, how do you think Lake would have reacted?

John and Scott, Lifelong Friends
(Are they together?)
No seriously, are they together? I couldn't tell. They had the most truly touching moment of the episode, and likely for the whole season. I hate that they had to go out first. Traffic in the taxi cabs seems to be one of the biggest problem for teams.

David and Lori, Dating
(The AdoraDorks)
Alright. I like them. Alot. They seem to be in love. They seem to be dorks. They seem to have no flippin idea that we don't want to see them cutie-kiss all episode. She is the manager of a Pizza Hut. If they don't win, road trip to the Hut to get some cheese bread and tell her to stop sitting on top of her man all of the time.

Jeremy and Eric, Friends
(The Girl Crazy Idiots)
The boys from Florida have nothing on their minds except for playing volleyball, parking cars, and "parking" in cars. Their obvious objects of affection are the Booby Twins. I hope the twins string them along the whole time and they lose the million trying to get in where they fit in.

Fran and Barry, Married 40 Years
(The Idiots)
This couple deserved to be off first. If not for almost knocking over the clue box and not seeing it, then for when finding it saying that they didn't think it was there. Yep, the producers of the show have decided after eight seasons of good programming (well, seven good seasons) they are going to trick up this season by hiding the clue boxes from you for about a hour during the middle of the race. Have they ever seen the show? How do they not know what the clue boxes look like? Idiots.

Joni and Lisa, Sisters
(The Glamazons)
Bedazzling. I do not like these ladies now, but I also didn't like the Paolo family at the beginning of last season. I have a feeling that these ladies will grow on me like they did. One lives in Katy, so I guess she would be our state's only representation? Great. They both say they want some plastic surgery if they win. Nice.

Joseph and Monica, Dating
(Barbie...yes, Ken...not so much)
If you know me, you know how I feel about people from Arkansas, especially from Fayetteville. The shirts are stupid. Mo-Jo. Really? Show me some Mo-Jo. I think I might get some shirts made up for Mandy and I that say Mi-Ma or Ma-Mi or Am-Mi or Mi-Am. Yep, We will have some Mi-Am shirts with an Elephant giving it to a pig on the sleeve. (She is pretty hot though.)

Wanda and Desiree, Mother and Daughter
(The Hot Tamales)
I am in love with both of them. There was an older woman who lived next to Fluffy's parents in New Orleans when in college. She was awesome. She also had a beautiful daughter. I think she was from Brazil maybe? Anyway, I Wanda and Desiree remind me of them, and I am in love. Not as much in love as I am the girl with the voice at Rio Mambo, but close.


I am really looking forward to this season. I watched last season but wasn't happy with the family angle. The tour of the U.S. was pretty boring as well. I knew everything was good when the first thing they had to do was fly to Brazil. That's the Amazing Race we all know and love. As Mandy always says, "I don't want to see people at the Space and Rocket Center." Me neither. Why did it seem like all f the stuff they did in the U.S. was so lame compared to the usual destinations. I think it could have been better if there was an age limit of like 16. Not having little SCOOBS running around. Oh well, enough about last years crap, on to a good season.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mairead said...

Yea! You have a blog! And I LOVE the amazing race recaps! I look forward to many entertaining reads! Thanks for giving us this additional look into your head.

3/06/2006 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home